Last updated: April, 30th 2018
2. Platform Connects Users
The Company is a communications platform for enabling the connection between individuals and/or businesses seeking to obtain services (“Members”). Members who join and or use are hereinafter referred to as “Users.” We call our users “Islanders”.
3. Accepting these Terms
Please read these terms before using the site. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not register for the site. If we make material changes to these terms, we’ll let you know either through the site or via email (at the email address you provide). If you do not agree to those changes, you may send a request to cancel your account to firstname.lastname@example.org If we do not hear from you within ten days, the revised terms will apply to you.
4. Company Only Provides a Venue
The Company is a communications platform for enabling connections between Users. Company does not take part in the interaction between Users. Company does not have control over the quality, timing, legality, failure to provide, or any other aspect whatsoever of any ratings provided by Users, Users Services provided by Users, nor of the integrity, responsibility or any of the actions or omissions whatsoever of any Users. Company does not have control over the quality, timing or legality of content creation or any interaction on the Two On An Island platform. Company makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, or accuracy of any interaction, advice, or services that may be used by Users and/or requested and provided by Users identified through the Service whether in public, private, or offline interactions. Company cannot confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Company does not assume any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of this information or any information provided through the Service. When interacting with other Users you should exercise caution and common sense to protect your personal safety and property, just as you would when interacting with other persons whom you don’t know. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE SERVICE. COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
The Service is only a venue for connecting Users. We are not trained marriage or relationship coaches, relationship therapist or any other professionally trained doctors or experts.
Because Company is not involved in the actual contact between Users or in the completion of the Task, in the event that you have a dispute, you release Company (and our officers, directors, agents, investors, subsidiaries, and employees) from any and all claims, demands, or damages (actual or consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. Company expressly disclaims any liability that may arise between Users.
6. Copyright and Intellectual Properties
You retain ownership of all content you post, upload to, or otherwise share on the site. However, by posting, uploading, or sharing your content, you grant us a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to access, use, and display your content in connection with the site and services we provide to you. This license permits us to perform the services that you registered for; for example, it permits us to store your content on redundant data servers, but it does not permit us to sell your content to advertisers or display your content other than to those you have authorized to view it, nor does it transfer the copyright to us. This license ends when you delete the material or your account.
In addition, the site provides features that allow you to share your content with others. There are many things that others may do with that content, including copying it, modifying it, and re-sharing it. So, please consider carefully what you choose to share and with whom; we take no responsibility for that activity.
When you delete your account, any comments or content that you contributed to someone else’s documents will remain on the site, and will not be deleted.
All Two On An Island content, the selection, compilation, arrangement and presentation of all materials, and the overall design of the site are copyrighted by us, and are protected by US and international laws. Use of our content without our express prior written permission is strictly prohibited.
Twoonanisland.com, TwoOnAnIsland, and the Twoonanisland or TOAI logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Two On An Island, Inc., in the United States and other foreign countries. Our trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service without our express written permission.
The Service may contain or use profiles, email systems, blogs, message boards, applications, job postings, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities (“Public Areas”) that allow Users to communicate with other Users. You may only use such community areas to send and receive messages and material that are relevant and proper to the applicable forum. Without limitation, you may not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as, but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish post, upload, distribute or disseminate any profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Use the Service for any purpose, including, but not limited to posting or completing a Task, in violation of local, state, national, or international law.
- Upload files that contain software or other material that violates the intellectual property rights (or rights of privacy or publicity) of any third party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted files, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another’s computer. Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose through the Service which are not relevant to the services offered through the Service.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters. Impersonate another person or allow any other person or entity to use your identification to post or view comments.
- Post the same note repeatedly (referred to as ‘spamming’). Spamming is strictly prohibited.
- Download any file posted by another User that a User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed through the Service.
- Restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying the Public Areas. Imply or state that any statements you make are endorsed by Company, without the prior written consent of Company.
- Use a robot, spider, manual and/or automatic processes or devices to data-mine, data-crawl, scrape or index the Service in any manner.
- Hack or interfere with the Service, its servers or any connected networks.
- Adapt, alter, license, sublicense or translate the Service for your own personal or commercial use.
- Remove or alter, visually or otherwise, any copyrights, trademarks or proprietary marks and rights owned by Company.
- Upload content that is offensive and/or harmful, including, but not limited to, content that advocates, endorses, condones or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any individual or group of individuals.
- Upload content that provides materials or access to materials that exploit people under the age of 18 in an abusive, violent or sexual manner.
- “Your Information” is defined as any information and materials you provide to Company or other Users in connection with your registration for and use of the Service, including without limitation that posted or transmitted for use in Public Areas. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we act merely as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information. The information and materials described in this Section, as provided by each User, is collectively referred to herein as “User Generated Content.” You hereby represent and warrant to Company that Your Information (a) will not be false, inaccurate, incomplete or misleading; (b) will not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items; (c) will not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right or rights of publicity or privacy; (d) will not violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); (e) will not be defamatory, libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing; (f) will not be obscene or contain child pornography or be harmful to minors; (g) will not contain any viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; and (h) will not create liability for Company or cause Company to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other partners or suppliers. The Service hosts User Generated Content relating to reviews of specific Users. Such reviews are opinions and not the opinion of Company, have not been verified by Company and each Member should undertake their own research to be satisfied that a specific User is the right person for a User Services. You agree that the Company is not liable for any User Generated Content. You hereby grant Company a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise all copyright, publicity rights, and any other rights you have in Your Information, in any media now known or not currently known in order to perform and improve upon the Service. Each Users who provides to the Company any videos or film, recording, photograph, voice recordings, or all related instrumental, musical, or other sound effects, in exchange for the right to use the Service, hereby irrevocably grants to the Company the non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide, unrestricted, and perpetual right to:
- The Service may not be used to solicit for any other business, website or service. You may not solicit, advertise for, or contact in any form Users for employment, contracting, or any other purpose not related to the Service facilitated through Company. You may not use the Service to collect usernames and/or email addresses of Users by electronic or other means without the express prior written consent of Company.
- You are the sole authorized user of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password and account number provided by you or Company for accessing the Service. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. Company has no control over the use of any User’s account and expressly disclaims any liability derived therefrom. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your password or account or you suspect any other breach of security, you will contact Company immediately.
- All submissions made to Public Areas will be public, and Company will not be responsible for the action of other Users with respect to any information or materials posted in Public Areas.
- Use any videos/ film, recording or photography that such Users provides to the Company, and use, reproduce, modify, or creative derivatives of such User’s picture, silhouette and other reproductions of their physical likeness (as the same may appear in any still camera photograph and/or motion picture film or video) (collectively the “Physical Likeness”), in and in connection with the exhibition, distribution, display, performance, transmission, broadcasting on any and all media, including, without limitation, the internet, of any videos or images of such User in connection with the Service.
- Reproduce in all media any recordations of such User’s voice, and all related instrumental, musical, or other sound effects (collectively, the “Voice”), made in connection with the Service.
- Use, and permit to be used, such User’s Physical Likeness and Voice in the advertising, marketing, and/or publicizing of the Service in any media.
- Use, and permit to be used, such User’s name and identity in connection with the Service.9. Worker Classification and Withholdings10. Termination and Suspension11. Intellectual Property Rights12. Copyright Complaints and Copyright Agent
- Company respects the intellectual property of others, and expects Users to do the same. If you believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on or in connection with the Service infringe upon your copyright or other intellectual property right, please send the following information to Company’s Copyright Agent at: Lovelastchance Inc. New address coming. www.twoonanisland.com.
- All text, graphics, editorial content, data, formatting, graphs, designs, HTML, look and feel, photographs, music, sounds, images, software, videos, designs, typefaces and other content (collectively “Proprietary Material”) that Users see or read through the Service is owned by Company, excluding User Generated Content that Company has the right to use. Proprietary Material is protected in all forms, media and technologies now known or hereinafter developed. Company owns all Proprietary Material, as well as the coordination, selection, arrangement and enhancement of such Proprietary Materials as a Collective Work under the United States Copyright Act, as amended. The Proprietary Material is protected by the domestic and international laws of copyright, patents, and other proprietary rights and laws. Users may not copy, download, use, redesign, reconfigure, or retransmit anything from the Service without Company’s express prior written consent and, if applicable, the holder of the rights to the User Generated Content. Any use of such Proprietary Material, other than as permitted therein, is expressly prohibited without the prior permission of Company and, if applicable, the holder of the rights to the User Generated Content. The service marks and trademarks of Company, including without limitation Company and the Company logos are service marks owned by Company. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos and/or trade names appearing via the Service are the property of their respective owners. You may not copy or use any of these marks, logos or trade names without the express prior written consent of the owner.
- Company may terminate or suspend your right to use the Service at anytime for any or no reason by providing you with written or email notice of such termination, and termination will be effective immediately upon delivery of such notice. Without limitation, Company may terminate or suspend your right to use the Service if you breach any term of this Agreement or any policy of Company posted through the Service from time to time, or if Company otherwise finds that you have engaged in inappropriate and/or offensive behavior. If Company terminates or suspends your right to use the Service for any of these reasons, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused balance in your account. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, Company reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. Even after your right to use the Service is terminated or suspended, this Agreement will remain enforceable against you. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by ceasing all use of the Service. All sections which by their nature should survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect subsequent to and notwithstanding the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
- You assume all liability for proper classification of workers as independent contractors or employees based on applicable legal guidelines. You do not have authority to enter into written or oral — whether implied or express — contracts on behalf of Company. You acknowledge that Company does not, in any way, supervise, direct, or control a Users’s work or Users Services performed in any manner. Company does not set a Users’s work hours or location of work. Company will not provide a Users with training or any equipment, labor or materials needed for a particular Service. The Service is not an employment service and Company does not serve as an employer of any User. As such, Company will not be liable for any tax or withholding, including but not limited to unemployment insurance, employer’s liability, social security or payroll withholding tax in connection with your use of Users’ services. You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Company from any and all claims that a User was misclassified as an independent contractor, any liabilities arising from a determination by a court, arbitrator, government agency or other body that a Users was misclassified as an employee (including, but not limited to, taxes, penalties, interest and attorney’s fees), any claim that Company was an employer or joint employer of a Users as well as claims under any employment-related laws, such as those relating to employment termination, employment discrimination, harassment or retaliation, as well as any claims for overtime pay, sick leave, holiday or vacation pay, retirement benefits, worker’s compensation benefits, unemployment benefits, or any other employee benefits.
- Each Users hereby waives all rights and releases the Company from, and shall neither sue nor bring any proceeding against any such parties for, any claim or cause of action, whether now known or unknown, for defamation, invasion of right to privacy, publicity or personality or any similar matter, or based upon or relating to the use and exploitation of such Users identity, likeness or voice in connection with the Service. Each Users acknowledges that the Company shall not owe any financial or other remuneration for using the recordings provided hereunder by such Users, either for initial or subsequent transmission or playback, and further acknowledges that the Company is not responsible for any expense or liability incurred as a result of such Users recordings or participation in any recordings, including any loss of such recording data.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (Internet address) or other specific location on the Service where the material you claim is infringed is located. Include enough information to allow Company to locate the material, and explain why you think an infringement has taken place;
- A description of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists — for example, the URL (Internet address) where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
6. Digital Millenium Copyright Act DMCA.
Twoonanisland deals with copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
You may not post, upload, or otherwise place any content or information on the site that belongs to a third party, unless you have the legal right to do so. If you believe that any such information or content has been posted on the site, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the designated agent at the address below:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Contact information for the notifying party, including name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon notification of claimed infringement, we will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. We will also notify the person who posted, uploaded, or otherwise placed the allegedly infringing material on the site that we have removed or disabled access to such material.
If you believe that material has been removed improperly, you must send a written counter notification to the agent, and include:
- A physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a counter notification complying with these requirements, we will promptly provide the original reporter with a copy of the counter notification, and inform that person that we may replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it if we do not receive notice within ten business days that the original reporter is seeking a court order to prevent further infringement of the material at issue.
7. Confidential Information
You acknowledge that Confidential Information (as hereinafter defined) is a valuable, special and unique asset of Company and agree that you will not disclose, transfer, use (or seek to induce others to disclose, transfer or use) any Confidential Information for any purpose other than disclosure to your authorized employees and agents who are bound to maintain the confidentiality of Confidential Information. You shall promptly notify Company in writing of any circumstances which may constitute unauthorized disclosure, transfer, or use of Confidential Information. You shall use best efforts to protect Confidential Information from unauthorized disclosure, transfer or use. You shall return all originals and any copies of any and all materials containing Confidential Information to Company upon termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever. The term “Confidential Information” shall mean any and all of Company’s trade secrets, confidential and proprietary information and all other information and data of Company that is not generally known to the public or other third parties who could derive value, economic or otherwise, from its use or disclosure. Confidential Information shall be deemed to include technical data, know-how, research, product plans, products, services, customers, markets, software, developments, inventions, processes, formulas, technology, designs, drawings, engineering, hardware configuration information, marketing, finances or other business information disclosed directly or indirectly in writing, orally or by drawings or observation.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties
USE OF THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THE SERVICE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING AND COMPANY WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OTHER THAN AS PROVIDED HEREIN. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER COMPANY NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE ERROR-FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE, OR AS TO THE TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF ANY TASK OR SERVICE, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICE. NEITHER COMPANY NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER. NEITHER COMPANY NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE FROM VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY YOU WILL NOT BE MISAPPROPRIATED, INTERCEPTED, DELETED, DESTROYED OR USED BY OTHERS. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED BY A MEMBER AND DOES NOT RECOMMEND ANY PARTICULAR PRODUCT, ADVICE, OR ANY CONTENT SHOWN WITHIN THE APP. COMPANY DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES REGARDING ANY PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATION, REGISTRATION OR LICENSE.
9. No Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT COMPANY IS ONLY WILLING TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE IF YOU AGREE TO CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND THIRD PARTIES. THEREFORE, YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, ITS LICENSORS, OR ANY OF SUCH PARTIES’ AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CORPORATE PARTNERS, OR PARTICIPANTS LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, SUITS, CLAIMS, AND/OR CONTROVERSIES (COLLECTIVELY, “LIABILITIES”) THAT HAVE ARISEN OR MAY ARISE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, RELATING TO YOUR OR ANY OTHER PARTY’S USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITIES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONDUCT, ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY USER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION STALKING, HARASSMENT THAT IS SEXUAL OR OTHERWISE, ACTS OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE, AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY), ANY DISPUTE WITH ANY USER, ANY INSTRUCTION, ADVICE, ACT, OR SERVICE PROVIDED BY COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS AND ANY DESTRUCTION OF YOUR INFORMATION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, ITS LICENSORS, OR ANY OF SUCH PARTIES’ AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CORPORATE PARTNERS, OR PARTICIPANTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE SAME. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. COMPANY DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR FITNESS OF ANY WORK PERFORMED VIA THE SERVICE. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS, IT IS DETERMINED THAT COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, ITS LICENSORS, OR ANY OF SUCH PARTIES’ AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CORPORATE PARTNERS, OR PARTICIPANTS IS LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL FEES PAID BY YOU TO COMPANY DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE TIME SUCH CLAIM AROSE.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Company, its directors, officers, employees, agents, licensors, attorneys, independent contractors, providers, subsidiaries, and affiliates from and against any and all claim, loss, expense or demand of liability, including attorneys’ fees and costs incurred, in connection with your use or inability to use the Service. Company reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to your indemnification. You will not, in any event, settle any claim or matter without the written consent of Company.
11. Dispute Resolution
INFORMAL NEGOTIATIONS. To expedite resolution and reduce the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim related to this Agreement (“Dispute”), you and Company agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) informally for at least thirty (30) days before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such informal negotiations will commence upon written notice. Your address for such notices is your billing address, with an email copy to the email address you have provided to Company. Company’s address for such notices is Lovelastchance, Inc., BINDING ARBITRATION. If you and Company are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, all claims arising from use of the Service (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party will be final and binding on the other. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IF EITHER PARTY ELECTS TO ARBITRATE, NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration will be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation will be governed by the AAA Rules (and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules). If your claim for damages does not exceed $10,000, unless the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in your Demand for Arbitration was frivolous or was brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)). The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you and Company may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator. EXCEPTIONS TO ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Each party retains the right to bring an individual action in small claims court or to seek injunctive or other equitable relief on an individual basis in a federal or state court in Seminole County, FL. with respect to any dispute related to the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights. WAIVER OF RIGHT TO BE A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN A PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. You and Company agree that any arbitration will be limited to the Dispute between Company and you individually. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU AND COMPANY ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Company otherwise agree, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class or representative proceeding. If this specific paragraph is held unenforceable, then the entirety of this “Dispute Resolution” Section will be deemed null and void. LOCATION OF ARBITRATION. Arbitration will take place in Seminole County FL. You and Company agree that for any Dispute not subject to arbitration (other than claims proceeding in any small claims court), or where no election to arbitrate has been made, the Florida state and Federal courts located in Seminole County, FL. have exclusive jurisdiction and you and Company agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
12. Governing Law
You and Company agree that, other than as set forth under the subsection entitled “Waiver Of Right To Be A Plaintiff Or Class Member In A Purported Class Action Or Representative Proceeding” in Section 20 above, if any portion of Section 20 entitled “Dispute Resolution” is found illegal or unenforceable, that portion will be severed and the remainder of the section will be given full force and effect. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the subsection entitled “Exceptions to Alternative Dispute Resolution” in Section 20 is found to be illegal or unenforceable, neither you nor Company will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of that subsection that is found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute will be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within Seminole County, FL., and you and Company agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court. Except as expressly provided otherwise, this Agreement will be is governed by, and will be construed under, the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to choice of law principles.
When you register with the site, you will be asked to provide certain personal information, including your name and email address. We will store your personal information, but will not share it with any third parties, except as necessary to provide the services offered, to monitor usage, and to improve the service. For example, we may store your personal information along with your files and data on a third party server such as Amazon Web Services; or we may use a third party analytics tool like Google Analytics to learn how you are using Twoonanisland, and how we can improve that experience. We also use your personal information to send you notifications about the service and to respond to customer support requests. We will never share your personal information with advertisers or send you promotions for unrelated services. You can access and change your personal information or cancel your account by logging in to your account settings page.
We may be required to disclose your personal information in order to:
- comply with the law;
- protect or defend our rights or property, or the rights or property of others;
- enforce these terms;
- respond to claims that the content of any material on our system violates the rights of others.
If we must disclose your personal information in order to comply with the law or legal process, we will inform you (at the email address you provide) as soon as practicable, provided that it is lawful for us to do so.
We will also aggregate user information and perform statistical analyses of the collective behavior of our members and visitors, to measure overall demographics, and to analyze how to improve our service. We may share this information with third parties (such as Google Analytics), but such aggregate information does not contain personal information other than
14. Canceling your account
You can cancel your account at any time by sending an email to email@example.com If you like, you may export your documents prior to canceling your account. Upon canceling your account, your files will be marked for deletion in sixty days, and will be deleted upon expiration of that sixty-day period.
15. Special Promotions
Company may from time to time provide certain promotional opportunities, sweepstakes and contests to Users. All such promotions will be run at the sole discretion of Company, and can be activated, modified or removed at anytime by Company without advance notification.
16. General Provisions
Failure by Company to enforce any provision(s) of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Company with respect to its subject matter. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will be enforced to the fullest extent possible, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of Company, its successors and assigns.
17. Changes to this Agreement and the Service